Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Interview - Anne Savage

Anne Savage website



1) For those who are not familiar with who you are, give a brief description of yourself and where you come from.

Hi I’m from the UK, I’ve been djing for over 15 years, I run a label called
Siren Trax where I release my productions along with other artists, and I also have tracks released on Tidy, Riot, Traffic and many more. I have just mixed Hard Dance Anthems, a compilation of Hard Dance available on iTunes - http://bit.ly/hqy2zY

2) What genre of music do you play and produce?

I am mostly known for making and playing Hard Dance, everything from Tech Trance to
Hardstyle.

3) Have you experimented with other genres of music?

Yes I have been djing and producing Breaks, House, Dubstep & Drum & Bass under a different name Dumb Blonde. I have been doing this for 10 years and have had releases on Tomcraft’s label Great Stuff, Streetwise and my own label Siren Trax.


4) At what age did you first realize you potential as a DJ?

I was 18 years old when I first knew I wanted to be a DJ. I was always the girl watching the DJ’s wishing it were me doing that, so I did something about it.


5) For how long have you been DJing/producing?

I got my first residency in 1993, at a club in the North of England called ‘Angels’. We had Carl Cox,
Joey Beltram & Laurent Garnier playing regularly so I started out playing early techno. I started Producing in 1996 – my first release was under the name “Destiny Angel” called ‘You Take Me Higher’ on Transient Records.

6) What's the hardest part of being a DJ?

Missing all the Christmas’s and holiday time with family.


7) What well known DJ's have you collaborated with?

Pretty much all the UK Hard Dance producers over the years – Alex Kidd, Kidd Kaos, Lisa Lashes, BK, Tidy Boys, Phil York, Technikal, Dark By Design….I’m sure I have forgotten some!


8) Who are some of your favourite local and international DJ's?

Well I really like to see new, good young DJ / producers and there are a few in the UK, - In2ition and Argy for instance. My all time favourite DJ – from an inspirational point of view is Carl Cox. I love Fausto, Kamui and ASYS too. I like seeing dj’s from different genres such as D&B djs Andy C & Original Sin. I enjoy most dance music except really floaty trance and cheesy house.


9) Do you make your music readily available to download from the internet?

Yes it’s all on
trackitdown.com. ITunes and hopefully soon hardstyle.com. My website is www.djannesavage.com a gateway to everything I do.

10) Do you DJ/produce on a full-time basis?

Yes it has been my full time occupation since I gave up my job in a record store in 1996. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment